Original Posted Date : 09-08-2017
Modified Posted Date : 09-08-2017
Posted By : DISI
The boiler Law was enacted in 14 July, 2015 to replace the Boiler Law 1984. The Boiler Inspection Department inspects all boilers in the whole country in accordance with the law of 2015 and International Boiler Standards on yearly basis. Over 2300 boilers are now in use in various industries in Myanmar.
The main functions of boiler inspection are:
- Supervision and inspection at all stages of construction
- Inspection for unregistered boilers to be registered.
- Annual inspection for renewal of certificate for use of boiler.
- Subsequent inspection for boilers after being repaired.
- Inspection for boiler accidents and emergency cases.
- Certification and recognition of boiler repairer and attendant.
CAPACITY OF TECHNICAL SUPPORTS
- to recommend the capacity and type of boiler depending on the process of works.
- to check the newly imported boiler from foreign countries in accordance with the International Boiler Standards.
- to select and supervise the specifications of boiler auxiliary and spare parts to be imported from foreign countries.
- to repair a boiler deteriorate in service in accordance with the standards and designs.
- to recommend the characteristics of feed water and boiler water depending on the boiler types.
- yearly training courses for boiler attendants.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE REGISTRATION OF NEWLY IMPORTED BOILER
- Inspecting authority’s certificates of inspection during construction.
- Constructor’s certificates of Manufacture and Test.
- Material certificates (Chemical & Physical properties).
- Detail drawing of new boiler.
- Radiographic examination results for welded seams.
- Heat treatment test results.
- Maker’s stamp (Name Plate)
- Plan of boiler and steam pipe.